👉 Problem: You spend too much time typing the same phrases over and over into ChatGPT.
👉 Solution: You can use ChatGPT’s “Custom Instructions” feature to create custom shortcuts you can use in any prompt.
How to create your own custom shortcuts in ChatGPT (Steps)
- When you’re logged in to ChatGPT, click your name in the account section in the lower left-hand corner of the window.
- Choose “Custom Instructions”.
- In the “What would you like ChatGPT to know…” section, you can add items such as:
- When I ask for “hri” take that as a shortcut for “please create a hyper photo realistic image of”
- When I ask for a “5m” take that as a shortcut for “please create a detailed 5 level deep MECE bullet point list”
- Make sure “Enable for New Chats” is selected, then click “Save”.
You can now use your custom shortcuts in any new prompt.